The posters finished printing today. They look really nice.
I've had artwork published to the masses before but I still don't get any less excited having something presented to the masses as I did as a junior when my work in the high school newspaper first got published. It's an amazing feeling only a few people will experience. When your work is published you read it over and over again no matter how boring it is. You treat it like fine jewelry. Just earlier I noticed that as I would pick up a flier I would only hold it with the tips of my fingers trying not to touch the ink. It's just a flier! These useless pieces of paper will be folded, cut, ripped, thrown away, used as toilet paper, and unappreciated but I will consider them elite works of art. That's how every journalist thinks about their publications.
On another note, I'm poor. I'm going to apply to a few places and ask a few publications to hire me as a freelance. Monday I hope to find a job. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment