Thursday, September 17, 2009

No longer unemployed

I got a job today, well if I pass the drug test (which is going to happen unless it's illegal to have awesome in your system, BOYAH). Ok, I promise that will be the last bad joke I make for a very long time.

As of tomorrow I will be a house cleaning technician. Specialized Cleaning Technologies is a five-year-old business that provides cleaning services to people who can afford to hire someone to clean their house or people needing help cleaning after fires and flood damage. At first I wasn't sure this was the job for me. I was hoping to get a job in journalism or photography but the unfortunate events that took place this week have me unsure about the future and I'm desperate for money (Lance's mother got drunk and decided that because I don't clean up everyone's messes, I should be kicked out of the house).

It wasn't until the interview earlier today that I actually wanted this job. There's so much potential! It's a new business that lacks good advertising. With me as an employee I can take photos, make advertisements, and even set-up a website. I'm really excited about cleaning houses because in the long run, great things will result from me working here. I've always been interested in PR and advertising. This job will give me much needed experience in that field.

I'm also excited because from the interview I can tell I'm going to like my bosses and coworkers. It's a small business that involves people that form close relationships. It's completely different from Target because my new boss actually wants to know who I am. That's completely foreign to me. During the interview she stressed the importance of cohesion. I'm sure I'm going to make a lot of friends.

So I start working at 8 am on Friday. Tomorrow (uh, today) I'm going to celebrate the new job and enjoy my last day as an unemployed zit on society's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment